Sage Business Cloud
Integrate Stock, Price & Orders Seamlessly Between Sage Business Cloud & Shopify in Minutes, Free Setup.
Sage Business Cloud Shopify Integration Workflow
Set up the Sage Business Cloud to Shopify Integration in Minutes
Integrating Sage Business Cloud with Shopify can be done in minutes. The Storehub.io integration solution is so simple and user-friendly, we’re offering to set up your Sage Business Cloud Shopify integration for free.
Sync Inventory Stock & Price to Shopify from Sage Business Cloud Accounting
Stock, price and product data sync from Sage Business Cloud to Shopify instantly, and update every time an order is placed. No more selling out of stock items or at the wrong price!
All store owners need to log in daily to update their stock or price, taking valuable time away from running or growing their business.
Orders raise in Sage Business Cloud from Shopify
Orders placed online will raise automatically in Sage Business Cloud from Shopify, no data capturing required. Save many hours and data inaccuracies of manually keying in each order with order integration between Sage Business Cloud Accounting and Shopify.
Once your API connection is set up with Storehub.io and Sage Business Cloud sync, the following information will be available to send to any one of your sales channels (Shopify, WooCommerce etc.).
- Stock (Stock on hand minus stock on order).
- Price list (incl. or excl. VAT).
- VAT rates.
- Product title.
- Product description.
Bringing the product data in from Sage Business Cloud to Storehub.io is the first step towards integrating with your eCommerce site/Marketplace.
Once this data is in Storehub.io, you can enrich your products with merchandising (images, gallery images, categories, filter tags, product variables/sizes/colours and more), activate/delete products and flag products to sync to your sales channels (Shopify, WooCommerce etc).
Connecting Storehub.io to your sales channels is as simple as copy-pasting the API keys from Shopify onto your Storehub.io account. Once completed, Merchandising data will flow from Storehub.io to Shopify/WooCommerce, so product merchandising, pricing & stock will update automatically.
If you have an existing eCommerce store, and would like to sync it with your Sage Business Cloud accounting data, the following Storehub.io modes are available:
Merchandising on Storehub.io – This mode is used when you want to send product and merchandising data to multiple channels (eCommerce stores or Marketplaces).
Merchandising on channel – This mode is used when you have an existing eCommerce store and don’t plan on adding a B2B/Trade store module in the future, or integrating with other marketplaces like Amazon, Takealot.com or eBay. This makes for a much simpler setup process as the user does not have to copy the merchandising information from an existing eCommerce store into Storehub.io.
Upon an order being placed on your sales channel, Storehub.io is notified and the order is raised consequently in Sage Business Cloud. You can determine what order type/document type is raised in Sage Business Cloud (Invoice, Sales Order or Quote) based on the payment method type (i.e payment gateway or cash type order), and if the payment was successful or not (for payment gateway orders only).
The order information raised in Sage Business Cloud contains the following:
- Sales channel order reference number.
- Delivery address.
- Billing address.
- Customer details (name, contact number, email).
- Order line items.
- Item prices + VAT.
- Item discount % per line item (discount is worked out as a percentage of sale price vs ERP price). All discounts/offers are managed on your eCommerce platform.
- Order comments.
- All orders syncing from Shopify to Sage Business Cloud may contain a prefix that you define, like “SHO”0018443 – this helps identify the order at a glance.
Sage Business Cloud Shopify Integration FAQ
In order to integrate Sage Business Cloud with Shopify you’ll need to register a Storehub.io account, and have the following on hand:
- Sage Business Cloud login details (username/password)
- Shopify login details (username/password)
With the above details, we can easily complete the Sage Business Cloud to Shopify integration for automatic stock & price updates, as well as orders writing back from Shopify to Sage Business Cloud.
In order to integrate stock, price and orders between Sage Business Cloud and Shopify, we’ll need to connect Sage Business Cloud to Storehub.io.
Click the “Add Data Source” button on your brand new Storehub.io account, and enter in your Sage Business Cloud login details. This process will automatically sync through:
- Product SKU codes
- Stock levels
- Price (including or excluding VAT)
- Product Units
Linking Shopify with Storehub.io is easy to complete, simply log in to Shopify, click on “create new plugin” and select the “custom plugin” option.
You’ll then be furnished with a list of actions to grant the Storehub.io app to use – anything Stock, price & order related needs to be granted (view this video for full details)
Is it easy to integrate orders from Shopify to Sage Business Cloud? Not if you’re custom developing something! Using Storehub.io, this works “out the box” so to speak, so the setup is simple. In order to integrate orders from Shopify back to Sage Business Cloud, you’ll need a Storehub.io account, and some basic login information.
Visit our Youtube Channel over here in order to watch the tutorial vide of how Sage Business Cloud integrates with Shopify using Storehub.io
In order to integrate Sage Business Cloud with your Shopify store, you’ll need to ensure the following is in place.
- Cash sales customer: This is flagged as a “cash sales” customer type. It wont be used for B2B store but is still required.
- Delivery service item: All cost of delivery will be allocated to this service item in your accounting software on orders/sales documents generated.
- All the product SKU codes that exist on your Shopify store that need to integrate with Sage Business Cloud need match
In order to pay for the integration cost between Sage Business Cloud and your Shopify store, you need to know how many product SKU codes you wish to sync to/from your Shopify store back to Sage Business Cloud Accounting
- Pick the “Sage Business Cloud” option here on the pricing page
- Pick the “Shopify” sales channel, with the appropriate number of SKUs as well on the pricing page
If you’re running a retail eCommerce store like Shopify, you can easily add Storehub.io B2B Commerce Wholesale via a link on your eCommerce store menu.
- This means you can accept orders back to Sage Business Cloud from Shopify AND your B2B Commerce store automatically.
- The key difference is the retail store orders will go back to your cash sales customer and the B2B Wholesale store will write back orders to each account customer account in Sage Business Cloud.
Integrating Sage Business Cloud with your Shopifye Store is made simple by the fact that Sage Business Cloud is an online accounting suite, and will therefor always be on the latest version, so there’s no need to consider the software version or SDK connector etc.