Getting Started With Takealot.com Integration Using Storehub.io
How tp integrate Takealot.com with your accounting system for automatic stock, price and order updates:
- An active registered Takealot.com marketplace seller account
- Products/inventory items loaded on the Takealot.com marketplace account
- An accounting data source (i.e. Sage, IQ Retail or Xero) linked to Storehub.io
Creating your Takealot.com sales channel on Storehub.io
1. Log in to Storehub.io
2. Add the Takealot.com sales channel
- On the LHS of your screen, click on Channels and choose “Takealot.com” from the dropdown list.
- Click “Submit”, and the Takealot Channel settings section will show.
- Complete all the relevant fields for channel settings, shown below:
- Name: Name of Channel like ‘YourCo Takealot’.
- Warehouse for Stock: Warehouse on your ERP, where stock will be syncing from.
- Warehouse for Price: Warehouse on your ERP, where prices will be syncing from.
- Warehouse for Orders: Warehouse on your ERP, where orders will be syncing to.
- Retail Price List: Pricelist on the ERP that you will be pushing to Takealot.
- Cash Sale Customer: The cash sale customer on the ERP that orders will raise against.
- ERP Order Ref Prefix: This makes it easy to identify where orders in the ERP arrived from.
- Stock Threshold: Reserve some stock for sale elsewhere (“5” will send 20 stock – 5 = 15 stock on Takealot).
- Payment-Gateway Order: Choose document type to raise on ERP, sales order, invoice or quote.
- API Key: Enter the API key copied from the Takealot.com seller dashboard here.
- Merchant Warehouse IDs: The unique merchant warehouse ID is copied from the Takealot.com seller dashboard. Follow the link in the field description.
- Max Stock Pushed: Set a cap limit if you don’t want to expose your stockholding to Takealot.com competitors.
3. Create your API on Takealot.com
- Log in to the Takealot.com seller marketplace
- Navigate to the API Integrations > Seller API and copy the API key.
- Navigate to the Storehub.io dashboard and paste in the API key field highlighted below.
4. Create a Webhook on Takealot.com
On the Storehub.io dashboard, copy the API webhook URL to your clipboard.
On the Takealot.com seller dashboard, navigate to “Seller API > Webhook“, click on “Create new Webhook”, and paste the URL in the URL field on the popup.
- Select “Sales Status Changed” (Only this option) in the “Event(s)” dropdown. This will let Storehub.io know when an order is placed on Takealot.com.
- Once created, change the new Webhook to “active”.
If you need assistance, please, contact us on email@example.com or visit the Storehub.io YouTube channel for more tutorial videos.
Accounting (ERP) Software to Takealot.com Integration Using Storehub.io
FREE integration setup, in only 15 minutes, and a FREE trial with your live data!